Welcome to the USS Scorpion, a private, Play by Blog RPG. We are voluntarily rated NC-17 (hence the lovely worded disclaimer you had to agree to before getting here). There won't be anything too too too bad but just in case....For your reading ease, each post is numbered so you can read in order and follow the story lines. As well, each post has the Mission name as its Label. We are NOT actively seeking members but if you wish to join us, please check the right hand side of your screen to see what we need. Thanks! and Enjoy!



Monday 10 October 2011

[Scorpion 3] Silent Comfort

Ensign Seungo Joon-Li
Security Officer
USS Scorpion


And

Commander Kaile Emmerson
Executive Officer
USS Scorpion
<Before repairs>

Seungo Joon-Li sat on the edge of K'Rish's bed with a picture of himself and K'Rish. He was swinging from the Klingon's back with the goofiest grin on his face. He pulled some air in his nose, pushed it out his mouth but he still couldn't feel much. A single tear slid down his cheeks and he bashed it away with the back of a hand. K'Rish wouldn't want his tears--K'Rish would want him to go after Captain Golding and strangle him. But Seungo wasn't much of a fighter.

He brushed a finger over the K'Rish's forehead, the details of the ridges on his forehead and down his cheeks. The man never smiled--not in public or in pictures. But each time Seungo took him into his arms, K'Rish smiled for him. Now he was gone. Now he was tasked with packing up K'Rish's things and figuring out what to do with them. He knew he couldn't keep them all. There was no way--but then again he couldn't just give them away.

Dropping the framed picture into the bin, he reached for another.

Leaving the base, Kaile knew she had to head back for the verdict, but she had something else she had to do. Seungho Joon-Li had lost someone--someone he cared about in the whole debacle. She was beamed on board after told not to go near engineering becausae they weres till working. Frowning she made her way to K'Rish's quarters and waited.

Seungo frowned. "Enter."

Kaile stepped into sensor and the door opened. The room was dimply lit and Seungo was sitting on the side of the bed. Rubbing her hand against her thighs, she walked across the room and sat on the side of the bed, silently just being there for Seungo, hoping he knew just how horrible she felt about what happened.

"He loved working with you," Seungo said finally. "He felt like you would have made a great Klingon."

Kaile laughed softly. "He said to me once. After I beat him with a bathleth."

"You? Beat K'Rish? Dare to dream!"

She nodded. "Yes. It's true. I swear he let me win but I am going to my grave saying I won fair and square--I'm sorry how this turned out you know. I never in a million years thought Aaron would harm anyone on this ship. It was almost like he'd lost his mind."

"I hate him. He took away the one little happiness I had in my life," Seungo admitted. "I cannot begin to imagine how it will feel to go to bed without his breath against the back of my neck."

"I'm sorry, Seungo. I should have looked out for K'Rish."

Seungo said nothing. He simply picked up a compass he'd given K'Rish. He stared into it, watching the symbol turned left then right before it stopped, pointing north. "I wish I could take things home to his brothers. But they disowned him when they found out about me. Sometimes I think I broke his soul with what we are."

"What you are?" Kaile questioned. "What you are, Go, is in love. What you were, was in love. What is more pure than that?"

"Honour."

"And look where it left them? They are alone and miserable. K'Rish was happy with you. You made him smile--you made him strive to make you proud. Go, listen to yourself. K'Rish would frown at you and give you one of those serious, looks could kill, looks."

Seungo laughed. "He would, wouldn't he."

Kaile took a breath. "I am here to offer my services in packing his things up. How we can just pack up someone we love in a tiny box and store them away is beyond me."

"I've been wondering the same thing," Seungo admitted. "Especially when they were so much bigger than life."

Kaile rubbed her palms against her thighs and stood. Looking around, she grabbed a box and began removing the pillow cases from the pillows.

"What do you think is going to happen to the captian?" Seungo asked.

She thought about it for a moment. "I'd like to think justice was true and he'll pay for his crimes--but with the same breath something snapped in him...something evil and dark. It's no excuse..." seh trailed off as she moved across the room and caught a picture of K'Rish. She knew for sure Seungo forced him to take it. "Though it's no excuse. What a mess."

No comments:

Post a Comment